Coach Sexual AbuseWhat are the warning signs of Child Sexual Abuse by a Coach?
Most children are abused by someone they know and trust, according to the American Psychological Association. An estimated 60% of perpetrators are known to the child but not family members: family friends, babysitters, child care providers, neighbors or even coaches.
Vigilant parenting is the first line of defense in preventing abuse, experts say. Therefore it is essential to recognize the red flags that should lead to further investigation.
Consider the Possibility of Sexual Abuse when the Child Exhibits:
- An increase in nightmares and/or other sleeping difficulties
- Angry outbursts
- Difficulty walking or sitting
- Withdrawn behavior
- Pregnancy or contraction of a venereal disease, particularly if under age of 14
- Propensity to run away
- Refusal to change for gym or to participate in physical activities
- Regressive behaviors depending on their age (e.g., return to thumb-sucking or bed-wetting)
- Reluctance to be left alone with a particular person or people
- Sexual knowledge, language, and/or behaviors that are unusual and inappropriate for their age
Consider the possibility of sexual abuse when the Coach or other adult caregiver:
- Is unduly protective of the child or severely limits the child's contact with other children, especially those of the opposite sex
- Is secretive and isolated
- Describes marital difficulties involving sexual relations or family power stuggles
Our Sexual Harassment Attorneys Can HelpWe Will Fight to Protect Those Abused by their Coaches
One of the hardest things for parents to discover is that their child may have sexually harmed or abused another child. In this situation, denial, shock and anger are normal reactions. If it is not responded to quickly and sensitively, the effect on the whole family can be devastating. For this reason it is vital to contact an attorney immediately that will advocate on your behalf. Abuse claims have time sensitive filling restrictions so please do not hesitate to call immediately to ensure that your legal rights are preserved.
Call us at 310-402-2775 to speak with one of our attorneys and set up an initial consultation at no charge.
Schedule a Consultation
At Yedidsion Seber Yedidsion LLP, our lawyers in Los Angeles work diligently with our clients to achieve the maximum settlement while protecting your legal interests every step of the way. Let us evaluate your case today, at no charge.
Please Call Us at 310-277-4277Schedule a Free Case Evaluation Free Evaluation